Get Involved Volunteers…
Whether you want to improve your CV, make friends, or just want to give something back, making the move to volunteer could be the best decision you ever make.
Ways to volunteer
Batighor is interested in hearing from energetic and enthusiastic people to assist in delivering the Boishakhi Mela. If you wish to participate in the Mela on a voluntary capacity we will of course then welcome volunteers at any time of the year.
How do I apply?
The first step is to read over the volunteer role descriptions below and choose which one you think would suit you best. Then please email or write to the address below including:
– your CV
– a contact telephone number of a referee
– a short covering note (stating your availability, role choice and why you think you would be suitable)
Artist Liaison Volunteers
This role involves supporting the festival artists with the following:
– Welcoming artists & handing out passes
– Answering queries, responding to requests & giving directions
– Ensuring artists have correct event information
– Assisting with refreshments for artists
– Setting up dressing rooms & keeping them tidy
– Liaising between artists & production/ stage team
– Running and general production duties
The majority of this role will be based either at the check-in desk, where you will be meeting and greeting artists and ensuring they have everything they need or working backstage between the three festival stages. You should be friendly and approachable and enjoy working in a busy festival environment.
Audience Services Volunteers
This is a customer-facing role, so you should be a friendly, approachable person who enjoys meeting new people. You will be involved in all or some of the following areas:
Welcoming visitors, giving directions & information, helping with fire safety procedures such as keeping the fire exits clear of people in the venues, litter picking, giving out festival programmes and generally making sure visitors enjoy their festival experience
Market Stalls Volunteers
– Assisting the Stalls manager with the food and craft market
– Welcoming and checking in market stall traders
– Allocating festival passes
– Giving out information and directions
– Dealing with enquiries
You should be friendly, approachable and have experience with customer/ client service. You should enjoy working in a busy Festival environment.
This is an excellent opportunity for people who want to help with the recycling aspect of the festival, an increasingly important area. You will help the festival team to encourage festival-goers to recycle properly and be on hand to answer questions.
Assisting the Marketing Manager, obtaining audience feedback through surveys.
You should be friendly, with a confident manner and enjoy engaging with people.
If you have any questions, please contact Batighor Admin on the contact numbers/email.
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!